Friday, October 27, 2006

Selections from Astronomy Picture of the Day - 27 Oct 06

It has been awhile since I've posted about the Astronomy Picture of the Day web site.

Hidden Galaxy IC 342 is beautiful. I always get lost trying to imagine just how big is the universe. A picture of a galaxy helps a bit.

The Antennae Galaxies in Collision is also breathtaking.

Something like Markarian's Chain of Galaxies takes me up an order of magnitude.

A nebula is much smaller. This picture of An Orion Deep Field is very striking. As is The Prawn Nebula.


A fun place to wander around is the Astronomy Picture of the Day Calender. From here you can select a month and see a the snapshots of a month's worth of pictures.


----------
Technorati tags: ,

1 comment:

Grizzly Mama said...

I love all of these pictures. I am always amazed that the pics of the galaxies and the vast universe are similar to pictures at the cellular level.