Monday, October 23, 2006

Here Comes the Bride

Since we are hosting the Carnival of Kid Comedy, I've been trying to think of some funny things our kids have said or done. So, this goes back a few years.


When my oldest daughter was about three years old and my second daughter was about one, Henry's brother got married. This occasion included a photo session after the nuptials, in which the bride and groomed posed with family and various members of the wedding party. The photographer directed people to stand in a certain way and so forth as he set up for each shot.

The next week my daughter decided to "marry" one of the little boys at preschool. My daughter took George to the play structure and directed him how to stand. After posing him, she took George by the hand, marched over the mothers watching and announced, "He's my husband and I'm his wife."

My daughter then directed George to another play structure. While walking away with George, she explained to the mothers that "We are going to the doctor's office. I'm going to have a baby."

After this little interchange, George's grandmother turns to me and says, "So, what's been going on at your house?"


This reminds me of another conversation between my second daughter and the next door neighbor boy when they were both four years old. As a reference point, my neighbors are from India. This conversation took place around the same time as the "God" conversation that I mentioned in this post.

My daughter: Are you going to marry another Indian?

Neighbor boy: (He shrugs and looks confused.) I don't know. I never think about it?

My daughter: (Very seriously) I think about it all the time!


It is funny how girls are different than boys.

-----------------------------------
Related Tags:
,

No comments: