Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Selections from Astronomy Picture of the Dad

It has been awhile since I have mentioned the Astronomy Picture of the Day site. It is a great site. Each day they post a new, and interesting, picture having to do with Astronomy.

This picture reminds me that I'm glad we are 93 million miles away from the sun. Be sure to notice the size of the earth relative to the flare.

Here's a nice picture of the Milky Way. And after our Milky Way, here are the nearest two galaxies.

For the horse lovers, here is the Horse Head Shaped Reflection Nebula IC 4592. Messier 27 is something that looks a bit like a comet, but is a gaseous emission nebula.


----------
Technorati tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realize it should be Astronomy Picture of the Day but I like of the Dad better.

;^)

Henry Cate said...

Ugh. I'll do this some times. One I have a lot of trouble with is "money." I've developed a tool at work called "Monkey." And more than half the time when I write about money, I'll type "monkey."