Saturday, July 08, 2006

Links to interesting postings - 8 July 2006

Valerie Bonham Moon has some information and thoughts about how the NEA still doesn’t like homeschooling.

Stephen Hawking recently used Yahoo! Answers to ask How can the human race survive the next hundred years? Already there are 20506 answers. (Hat tip: Daniel Macintyre mentioned it on the Home-Ed mailing list.)

Have you ever wondered how much more effective private schools are than public schools. EducationMatters.US has some data comparing private Christian schools with public schools. No surprise, even with about half as much money the private Christian schools do much better.

The Goldwater Institute mentioned that Arizona has vouchers, for some students.


----------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, education, , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still haven't decided whether or not I want to homeschool - my son is 2 so I have a little time. But my husband and I know for sure that we will not send any of our children to public school. Even beyond the academics...I want my children to be in an environment that encourages morality and the values we are teaching at home.

http://homeschooling.youngparentsmagazine.com