Monday, June 19, 2006

Searches which led to our blog - part 2

About three months ago I blogged about some of the interesting patterns which search engines matched to our blog. I often check Site Meter several times a day. Today I was struck by a number of interesting patterns in just the last day or so which led people to our blog:


For why does a ship has a gender of a female, Yahoo! placed Why Homeschool second in the list of possible matches. (Number one was: Droids: Male and Female? - Galactic Basic.)

Yahoo! placed us as number five for the pattern why was the pencil developed. Having "Why" in our blog name seems to help improve our chances for being a match.

And not to pick out Yahoo! too much, for childhood game hot potato Google listed my wife's post Hot Potato as the third web site.

Finally for boredom in engineering, Google had my mother's post Schools in USA fail to produce enough engineers as about number 30.


I like Site Meter. As well as being entertaining, it has been very instructive to see which of our posts people read the most.

If you don't have something like Site Meter, go check out Blogger's help section on Hit Counters and Statistics.



----------
Technorati tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Spunky said...

I get the wierdest searches too! I rarely follow them though to find out where I was in the search and what was number one. I'll have to try that sometime.

Hanley Family said...

Unfortunately, I seem to be dropping in the rankings for "girl swallows rodent." I used to be on the first page...but now Guiltfree Homeschooling has made number one for that search, so at least the position is going to a worthy blogger.

I don't like it when mispellings of common phrases push me to the top...then I feel I should edit, but gee...that mispelling is getting me traffic!