Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Sewing Machine (Revisited)

Here are some pictures of my sewing project that I mentioned in my post I discovered my sewing machine.

I tried to add them to my original post with no luck. Sometimes Blogger will just choke on picture upload. So, this is how my project began with my grandmother's old Sears Kenmore sewing machine



The first step in my sewing journey, after reattaching the hem, was adding eyelet trim to the hem and sleeves of the dresses we bought in Williamsburg.






This is my make-up-your-own-pattern apron.


I improvised a "shift" to go under the dress by modifying an old nightgown.












Last of all this is the finished product. Two more outfits to go. I promised my other daughters that theirs would be done by Halloween.






----------
Technorati tags: , ,

No comments: