Saturday, May 20, 2006

"On the map"

For Mother's Day, I was invited with two other moms into the children's Sunday School class to participate in a panel much like the Newly Wed game show on TV. First, the mom's left the room, while the children where asked questions about their moms. Then the mom's were brought back into the room and asked the same questions.

One questions was "Where was your mom born?" When I heard the question, I was pretty confident that my youngest daughter would get the question right. We have a placemat which shows a map of the United States. Twice in the last few weeks, I had pointed out the state where I was born.

When it was my turn to answer, I responded with "Illinois." Then I was shown the answer my five year old had given. "On the map" was her reponse.

It could be worse. One of the other moms who was born and raised in California had her five year old daughter state with great confidence that her mom was born in Sweden.

No comments: