Friday, March 24, 2006

My daughter has a super hero

Awhile back I over heard my youngest daughter telling my middle daughter she had had a bad dream. It was early in the morning. Our girls were getting up. The youngest was still a bit frightened by the dream.

I was getting ready to go to the kitchen when my second daughter started the speech I'd given her a couple times about how nightmares are not real, but they can be scary.

Then my second daughter added something to the speech. She said that when she has a really bad dream she'll bring grandmother into the dream. By putting grandma into a dream she knew she was safe. Grandma chases away the monsters and makes the dream better. (Grandma often made the dreams better by bringing more horses into the dream. What is it about girls and horses?)

I was deeply touched and called my mother later that day to let her know she was a super hero.


----------
Technorati tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story. Thank you for sharing.