Monday, December 26, 2005

Where to send your submission for the next Carnival of Homeschooling

(This post will always the have information on where to send submissions for future Carnivals of Homeschooling.)


Submissions are due to: CarnivalOfHomeschooling@gmail.com by 6:00 PM (PST) on the Monday evening of the week. It will be greatly appreciated if the submissions come in earlier. Please send the following information:

Title of Post
URL of Post
Name of Blog
URL of Blog
Brief summary of the post
(With "carnival" or "submission" in the subject field of the email.)


You can also send in a submission via Blog Carnival by going here.  (As of November 2011 Blog Carnival seems to be slightly broken.  It is accepting entries and storing them in an Insta Carnival format available to me, but it doesn't have the complete information for a submission and the submissions are not being forwarded to the Carnival Hosts.  So for now please just send an email to the CarnivalOfHomeschooling@GMail.com.  Thanks.)

If you haven't read any blog carnivals before, please read What is a Blog Carnival.


---------------
Update I (12 Jan 06):
Please review these thoughts about expectations for carnival participants.
---------------
Update II (16 Jan 06)
Spunky suggested have a gmail account which would forward the submissions to the host for the week. I've created CarnivalOfHomeschooling@gmail.com and will change where it forwards each week. I've moved the schedule to here.
---------------
Update III (4 Jan 07)
We've had some trouble with GMail tagging submissions as SPAM. To make sure I can dig out your entry please put "carnival" or "submission" in the subject line. Thanks.
---------------


----------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, parenting, children, education

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a topic, or just anything?

Janine Cate said...

Anything about homeschooling:

Some suggested topics are unschooling, homeschooling on the road, homeschooling and difficult relatives, fun homeschool lessons, homeschooling in different countries, why we homeschool, etc.

Anonymous said...

Henry,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have finally posted my actual opinion on Wal-Mart if you're interested. You left a long comment after I left that link with no comments of my own.

Anonymous said...

Is it OK to post an older article? I actually got a decent amount of feedback from my Response to the NEA's Article that I wrote early on in my blog's existance.

Henry Cate said...

Daniel,

Good question. In general most blog carnivals try to limit themselves to recent postings. Since this is the first carinval for homeschooling I have no problem with pulling postings from months, or even a couple years ago. Currently about a third of the submissions are from postings before December.

Over time I expect we will start to limit the submissions to more recent postings, but we really are learning as we go, and make some changes.

EdWonk said...

We've linked this post over at The Education Wonks. Here's to many successful editions of The Carnival of Homeschooling!

Shannon said...

How do you sign up to host the carnival. I'd like to host it on my blog sometime...

Henry Cate said...

Shannon, I wrote up some information here:

http://whyhomeschool.blogspot.com/2005/12/ways-to-help-carnival-of-homeschooling.html

If you would like to host, it would greatly help if you read these two posts:

http://www.10000birds.com/hostwiththemost.htm
http://girlscientist.blogspot.com/2005/03/how-i-hosted-tangled-bank.html

After reading the two above posts, if you are still interested, send me an email.

Anonymous said...

I'm not ready to post at this time.

Is there an email notification list?

Evdenevenakliyat said...

Henry,

Homescholing is very new in my country. Some of the people think that people need class and teacher for learning. Bu I think people need information and they wish to learn. I am going to link blog from my web site.

Thank's for this blog.

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

How can I get my site added to your blogroll?

Anonymous said...

This is a terrific new site just opened and started. It's an online library for homeschool books. New books are added daily.

www.thehomeschoollibrary.org

Tiana said...

Are you still taking submissions for this? I have a recent blog post that you might be interested in. It is about why Christians should remove their children from government schools and educate them at home.

http://godmadehomegrown.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-doing-something-good-can-keep-you.html

Blessings,

:)Tiana

Henry Cate said...

Tiana, I apologize for taking to so long to respond.

Yes, we take submissions to the carnival, every week. Please send your post in to the carnival.

Unknown said...

I would love to volunteer to host a carnival. I saw where we were to e-mail, but I couldn't find an address or link....so in any case. If you ever need a host, my e-mail address is MrsMamahen(at)gmail(dot)com. My Blog: MrsMamaHen.con I greatly enjoy these carnivals!

AllKidsCanLearn said...

I took a break from blogging for a couple of months after starting a new job, but would love to host the carnival again sometime. Count me in!

Peace to all.