Monday, November 24, 2008

When is the best time to have a reminder for the Carnival of Homeschooling?

It is that time again. The next carnival will be held at The Common Room.

You have a little over ten hours to send in an entry.

As always, entries are due Monday evening at 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.

Here are the instructions for sending in a submission.


Each week I try to remember to encourage bloggers to send in submissions to the next Carnival of Homeschooling. I think I have missed two carnivals. I try to post the reminders Friday and Saturday, but every so often I get distracted. (Generally Janine and I don't blog on Sundays.) I feel a little guilty when I post the reminders on Monday.

I am curious, do you find it more useful to have a reminder earlier in the week, or the day the entries are due?


----------
Technorati tags: homeschooling, homeschool, home school, home education, parenting, children, education,

3 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

I've been forgetting for a long time. I think a reminder as far ahead as possible would be good for me. Like, on Tuesday! The problem is that I spend the weekend not thinking too much about blogging and the computer. Then Monday is a whirl and I forget to send something in.

Sebastian said...

What about writing the reminders ahead of time and scheduling them to post when you want. Then you wouldn't need to actually tend them on the weekend.

Henry Cate said...

Phil - I'll try posting reminders early a couple times a month. We'll see if it helps.

Sebastian - great idea! Thanks.