Saturday, June 14, 2008

I have been body slamed!

Our three daughters are typical girls. I have tried to expand their horizons over the years, with some success.

One of my first attempts meet with complete failure. My oldest was barely talking. We were at my parents, playing with legos. My parents have a couple thousand pieces of legos. As a child I use to build large and complex buildings. I asked my daughter to help me build a house. She said "No daddy, build bed." Then she went off and returned with a doll. For her legos were a means to an end, the end was mothering her doll.

We've been raising a foster care boy for seven months now. We got him when he was thirteen months. He is all boy.

He loves to look at cars. I think he will have a life long love affair with cars. Many objects in our house have been turned into cars which he pushes around the cars, things like remotes, shoes, the dust pan, and so on.

And he is much more physical. Just two days ago I was body slammed!

We were out back. The sun was going down. I was laying on a blanket on the grass. I pointed at the birds. He looked for awhile. Then he walked to my side and did a belly flop on my belly. He weighs all of 21 pounds so it didn't hurt. He thought it was funny. I thought it was funny. He did it again. Soon he was doing a belly flop from one side and then rolling over me landing on the other side. He gave me over twenty body slams.

Maybe he has a future in wrestling.

And for now we have a boy in the house. He'll even build with me using Mega Bloks, maxi size.


----------
Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had two girlie girls first, then my two boys. There's nothing like your first body slam. You might teach him to make sure to give you fair warning before attacking, because even 21 pounds can do some damage if he takes you unawares. Trust me on this one. Have fun with your boy!

Henry Cate said...

Thanks for the tip.

After the first couple body slams, I started telling him when he could give me another one, so he is learning that he needs permission.