Thursday, March 06, 2008

Vote for favorite WHATEVER size image for the Carnival of Homeschooling

We are now in phase two of the contest for images to represent the Carnival of Homeschooling. Below are the finalists for the whatever size. Please carefully and thoughtfully consider study the images. You might consider the following when reviewing the images:

1) Which image do you think best represents the Carnival of Homeschooling?
2) Which image do you find the most appealing?
3) Which image do you like the best?
If you think of other considerations, please add them in the comments.
After viewing the images, then please vote at the end of this post.

Image A:












Image B:

The submitter asked me to pull the picture.



Image C:

The submitter asked me to pull the picture.


Image D:






Image E:





Image F:












Image G:














Update I - 10 March 08
Note: The contest will end on the 27th of March.
Please encourage your readers to come vote.

----------

9 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow - I'm the first to vote?

This was hard - they are all great images. The first one appealed to me because of the simplicity of the image, but the "Homeschooling" seemed too visually detached from the rest of the image.

I chose C over B, because I liked the juxtaposition of the carnival scene background at the top with the "space" scene background below. It seems to nicely pull the carnival and education together. I preferred this to the "fairyland" background of choice B.

The other images were nice, but just didn't have the punch of the first three.

piscesgrrl said...

Excellent choices, all, but when I got to the last one I thought "Ahhh!" so that's the one for me.

I like that it is celebratory and playful. The bookish ones are fine, but for us unschoolers, we like to focus on the enjoyment of all learning and not add to the misconception that only the bookworms will be successful homeschoolers.

They're all lovely though - I'm impressed with everyone's creativity!

Anonymous said...

I picked G here. I liked that it showed the family together and enjoying themselves, which is what homeschool is all about.

ChristineMM said...

I picked G which I loved, the image of the joined family. To me the image said "unity" and "fun" and "family togetherness".

However 2nd in line for me was C and B, those are very good too.

Unknown said...

I voted for C. I love both B & C. But the colors of the boy one seem more neutral than the girl one. I, myself, love the pink, but it may clash with a lot of blog backgrounds.

(It took me a while to figure out that I had to click on POLL to vote. I thought we just were to comment for a vote.)

Anonymous said...

Loved "G" - very family oriented and fun. Thanks for hosting this and I look forward to seeing the new logo!

Kristin said...

I would like the first one best if it had a better/consistent font.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love A! Use that for the smaller one, too--just shrink it down :)

I blogged my vote.

Kim Anderson said...

I do like these a lot better than the medium-sized buttons. A is cute, but rather over-used imagery. You'll want your ad to stand out if it can. I like G because the circle of children suggests a carousel or a game like a carnival. At the same time it is expressive of the multi-aged, cooperative nature of home-schooling with the lighting providing a longing/hopeful aspiration nuance.