Friday, March 28, 2008

Space Access 2008 - Impressions after the first day

I have been at Space Access 2008 for a day now. Earlier this week I mentioned to several friends that I was going to a conference for entrepreneurs trying to get into space. The universal reaction from my friends was this was close to Science Fiction. Private industry in space is a fun idea, and maybe it will happen in a couple decades.

After twenty four hours of immersion among fellow believers there is a greater reality. Like my one of my brother said:

"There are lots of people thinking about getting into space. There are lots of people who talk about getting into space. Space Access is run by people who are doing the work."

Most people here are talking about nuts and bolts. There is little pie in the sky wishful thinking. There is a lot of discussion of what problems are people facing and how do you solve them.

You can find my review of the talks by going to the agenda. Rand is blogging about the conference at Transterrestrial Musings. Clark is blogging at HobbySpace, you can start here. Jeff is blogging at Personal Spaceflight.


----------
Technorati tags:

No comments: